Affordable Care Act
November 05, 2016
2016 Presidential Election – Hillary Is It!
WHY SHOULD HILLARY CLINTON BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT?
by Vivien De Back
This is not an article to convince you to vote for Hillary Clinton for President of the United States or to debate issues of importance to the American people. This is not an article about anyone else running for President today. This is an article presenting the views of many people, renowned and unknown, who have good reasons for voting for Hillary Clinton to be our nest President.
I am not interested in changing minds or arguing issues. I am simply presenting the facts as others have articulated them. I verified, as much as possible, their voracity.
Hillary Clinton should be the next President of the U.S A. because:
- “Social Security isn’t just a program, it’s a promise.” These are Hillary’s words as she speaks about support for, and continuation of, Social Security.
- Hillary will fight back against Republican plans to privatize or “phase out” Medicare as we know it. She will stand against attempts to abandon or weaken Medicare. See her plan here. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2015/07/23/phase-out-medicare/
- Hillary’s supports significantly raising the minimum wage.
- She works to stop gun crime. She supported the Brady Law, mandating nationwide background checks before buying a gun. The NRA falsely accused her of wanting to repeal the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution which has been debunked by many fact checkers.
- Hillary’s New College Compact would mean students would never have to borrow to pay for tuition to attend a four-year public college in their state.
- Hillary Clinton will very likely appoint two or more Supreme Court Justices.
- She will fight to overturn Citizens United to curb the outsized influence of big money in politics.
- Her tenure as Secretary of State makes her uniquely qualified to be President.
- Through a combination of diplomacy and sanctions, she helped end Iran’s nuclear weapons As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton put together a coalition with China, Russia, France, the United Kingdom, Germany and the European Union to implement extremely tough sanctions against Iran.
- As the U.S.A.’s chief diplomat she negotiated a cease fire between Israel and Hamas.
- Hillary supports diplomatic solutions when possible instead of military action.
- She is an expert in communicating in the diplomatic, tactful, civil manner that the job requires.
- Hillary has a realistic strategy and multi-pronged plan to fight terrorism. She proposes working with our allies in the region to increase military strikes against ISIS targets and utilizing all our intelligence agencies to cut off money, weapons, and supplies to ISIS. She is not eager to start new wars.
- At the U.N. Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995, Hillary Clinton boldly declared, “human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights.” Her life is one of promoting women’s rights, champion for advancing equal opportunities for women and girls in America and around the globe.
- Hillary led the way for improving Health Care as long ago as the 1990’s. She also worked to help create the hugely successful Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), providing health insurance to 8 million kids.
- Hillary knows child care, equal pay, and paid leave are fundamental economic issues — not just “women’s issues.”
- Hillary Clinton has a plan to fight Climate Change and for Environmental Justice. Click here to see her official plan. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2016/04/13/hillary-clintons-plan-to-fight-for-environmental-and-climate-justice/
- She has set a big goal: More than half a billion solar panels installed across the country by the end of her first term.
- Hillary’s proposals will benefit everyone, not just a few. Hillary Clinton believes our first obligation is to help the weakest and most vulnerable Americans among us. The best way to stimulate the economy is by helping those who are at the bottom rung of the economic ladder.
- “It’s the Economy Stupid.” The last two Democratic presidencies (Clinton and Obama), created over 32 million new jobs. The last two Republican presidencies, created less than 5 million net jobs. Republican presidencies gave us three devastating economic The two Democratic presidencies gave us zero new recessions.
- Hillary is a smart politician. When you look at her singularly on her merit she is ready and able to step into the hot seat. She is prepared. She brings skill, wisdom, experience and a unique view of the White House to the table. She has no peer.
Resources: The Huffington Post blog, April, 2014; National Women’s Caucus, Feb. 2016; Hillary Clinton “The Briefing” 2016; Soapboxie.com. August 2016; Jehmu Greene, political analyst for Fox News, Mar. 2015; The Sacramento Bee, (Sacbee.com) Sept. 2011